Traveling provides us the opportunity to peek into the lives of other people and see they live their life. It opens you up to new experiences and allows you to appreciate the world from a different perspective. I love to travel and wanted to share some great tips for you to keep in mind when planning your next trip. Here are 15 tips to follow to make the most out of your next trip:
1) Bring A Travel First Aid Kit – These are things that you will definitely help you when you are on a trip and may be hard to find depending on where you travel. Consider backing ibuprofen, decongestant, NyQuil, and bandages in a bag for your trip.
2) Pack A Reusable Water Bottle – If you are traveling to a place with clean drinking water, then having a reusable water bottle can save you a lot of money on your trip. Buying water bottles can add up quickly. Use that money for more fun activities!
3) Wake Up Early – When you wake up early you can usually avoid the crowds at the popular attractions. It also gives you more time to explore each day.
4) Meet Local People – Start conversations with local people and learn from the people who actually live in the country you are visiting. You can gain a much deeper appreciation for the cities that you are traveling by learning about the lives of the people who grew up there.
5) Observe Daily Life – Spend some time relaxing and go to a park or common gathering place to people watch. You get a great feel for the city by watching local human interaction, listening to the sounds, and taking in the smells.
6) Take Lots of Photos – You may only have the opportunity to visit these places and meet these people once in your lifetime. Capturing photos are the ultimate souvenir and will allow you relive these memories forever.
7) Keep An Open Mind – Don’t judge the different lifestyles. Instead embrace the opportunities that they present. It can be fun to live a different way and immerse yourself in a different way of life.
8) Don’t Be Afraid – While the media can make any place appear dangerous, it should not stop you from experiencing as much as you can. You should still keep an eye out for sketchy situations, but do not be afraid to put yourself out there. Most people you come across will be friendly, trustworthy, generous, and willing to help you along your journey.
9) Eat Local Food – The local food gives you great insight into a city’s culture and way of life. Ask local people for recommendations on where to go.
10) Say Yes – If someone invites you to explore a new place or try something new then go for it! The unexpected experiences on a trip are what can truly make it memorable. Saying yes to new experiences will certainly make for great stories.
11) Slow Down & Take Your Time – While you may be tempted to squeeze as much as you can into your trip, it is important to remember to slow down and soak in what you are experiencing.
12) Take Notes – Write down the names of people you meet, conversations you have, and feelings you experience. It is a great way to relive your travels. Also, you don’t realize how easy it can be to forget these detail years later.
13) Don’t Plan Too Much – While you will have a few activities that you know you want to do, do not over plan your. Instead just go with the flow and live in the moment. It will lead to some great experiences that you would have otherwise never considered.
14) Break Out of Your Comfort Zone – Traveling in a new country is the perfect opportunity to break out of your comfort zone. Do stuff that you would normally never do. Eat foods that you would normally never eat. Start conversations with people even if you are shy.
15) Travel More – The best travel tip of all is to simply travel more. Stop waiting to travel the world and go do it! If you find yourself making excuses for why you don’t travel then consider starting small with a trip to a different state or a nearby country. There are so many different things to experience in the world, so go explore some of it now.